Certified M789 (A)
Cobalt-free tool steel for high-strength molds and tools with excellent corrosion resistance. 3d systems provides thoroughly developed print parameters on 3d systems dmp flex and factory 350 and prox dmp 320 metal printers.
M789 combines high hardness with excellent corrosion resistance. This tool steel specifically optimized for laser powder bed fusion processes such as direct metal printing (DMP) displays a broad process window on 3D Systems DMP Flex and Factory 350 and ProX DMP 320 metal printers leading to high density parts across the build plate.
- Mold inserts with conformal cooling channels
- Drilling and cutting tools
- Tire molds and tire sipes
- Drive train parts, e.g. axle components
- Replacement and custom machinery components subject to wear
- Complex drill heads for oil and gas applications
Compatible 3D Printer(s)
- DMP Factory 350
- DMP Flex 350
- 3D Systems